We would like to reassure you that as a responsible employer and holiday park operator the health and wellbeing of everybody who works at or visit our parks is our primary concern.
There are many reasons why you may choose to become part of the Park Leisure family; our stunning remote locations away from busy crowds; the peace and quiet resulting from the absence of large arcades and entertainment venues; the personal service from our dedicated Team and the spirit driven by our desire to support our local communities.
Since last Friday, 13th March the Government has updated its advice relating to Coronavirus. At this time, we remain open for business. On our parks with pools, leisure facilities and eateries, they are ready to welcome our guests, and our team looks forward to meeting you shortly. We are however making some changes to make stays as safe and secure as possible, and these are outlined below.
We continue to take all appropriate steps to make sure the risk of the virus entering one of our parks and our York support centre is reduced as much as possible.
- Following the advice given by UK Government and UK Medical Officers and staying up to date with the latest developments
- Briefing all of our team members about the virus and ensuring they follow all guidelines given by the UK Government and UK Medical Officers and any additional steps we have decided to take as a responsible company.
- Adapting our advice as and when these guidelines change and making sure this information is available on our website.
- Increasing our cleaning regimes - In addition to our regular robust procedures, our team will be undertaking hourly, thorough hand washing routines and we strongly advise that all visitors to parks do likewise. We are also increasing the frequency of washroom checks and cleaning schedules and where possible are encouraging everyone to use contactless payment methods if applicable.
- Accommodation preparation - we will continue to be extremely thorough in the preparation of holiday accommodation. We are extremely proud of our industry leading cleanliness standards and the feedback scores we receive from our valued guests.
- Unlike many holiday parks, at Park Leisure we have the benefit of wide-open spaces on park and the surrounding area. However, where customers may socialise in shared spaces, we are putting additional social distancing measures in place. So, where there is seating on terraces, in lounges or even in our cafés and restaurants, we will be increasing the distance between them.
- Where we do have eateries on Park, we are also pleased to announce the introduction of take-away and delivery options so that you can choose to eat in the privacy and comfort of your own holiday home. We expect these to be available from Monday 23rd March.
The responsibility in keeping our parks free of the virus has to be a collective one and we ask all guests and visitors to strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Keep up to date with the advice given by the UK Chief Medical Officers and our NHS. You can find this information via the following link: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavi...
- If your personal circumstances mean that you are advised to by the UK Chief Medical Officers to ‘self-isolate’ then you must not visit one of our holiday parks, rather you should self-isolate at home and only travel to park after the isolation period has ended.
- If you feel unwell and exhibit the signs associated with the virus whilst you are on park, please re-pack your belongings, leave your keys in the holiday home and return home, advising us of your departure once you have left park.
If you are unsure whether you should visit one of our parks, please contact your Park Customer Care Team who will check the latest UK Government and UK Medical Officers advice and update you accordingly. All relevant contact details can be found on the website.
Thank you for your understanding.